Thursday 6 September 2012

Random Blog - Planely Obsessed

As most of you know I have a little obsession.  I have contemplated seeking therapy but I think I would be diagnosed as beyond hope.  My love of flying and passenger jets is disturbing but mostly I keep it to myself and embrace my inner geek.

Well, I thought I would share a little.  You have already been subjected to a range of aircraft interiors and meals and frankly, there is more of that to come.

The other thing I do is collect a model of each new aircraft/airline I fly on.  I left behind in storage about 80 models and about 20 have either come with me or are on their way.  So this means that I get to boost the collection on all the new aircraft I fly on in Europe.

I did some research and discovered that Zurich has two pretty good model aircraft stores.  So one morning I took myself of (list of required jets in hand) to explore.  I was not disappointed.  There were rows and rows of models. 




















So I treated myself to a few (12) jets which I did not have yet.  Now I broke a bit of a rule as I bought a few models of jets I am yet to fly on.  That said, they have to stay securely in their boxes until I have been on  board.  So the collection in Einsiedeln now looks like this....




















And one more of my purchases which I am sure S is very happy is safely in Australia in storage is my very own Qantas catering trolley which I picked up on eBay.  I know, this is disturbing.


No comments:

Post a Comment